Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July - HOME SWEET HOME!!
I made it back home from Shanghai to San Francisco on an 11 hour flight in time to get a little sleep, unpack, and then catch an incredible sunset at Ocean Beach, the spectacular fireworks at fisherman's wharf/Pier 39, and then to Q in the Richmond District for spareribs, corn on the cob, spicy coleslaw, garlic fries and a glass of wine.
I am so much more grateful to be here in SF now after having visited China. I feel like my identity as a Chinese American has changed - and I plan to get back to China as soon as I can and to try to bring my daughter with me next time.
Looking out over the Pacific Ocean towards China this evening I thought about the new journey I have begun - to work with others to learn more about China, and to build a stronger US/China People's friendship and understanding. Posted by Picasa

No comments: